Sunday 16 November 2008

A Short Note to My Visitors

I should like to inform my visitors that I do not agree with, or endorse, everything I place up on this website. It is important to remember this.

These pieces are brought to you because I find them interesting, or controversial, or thought-provoking, etc., and because I believe you will find them so, too.

An editor of a newspaper does not agree with all stories published in his newspaper. Similarly, I do not always agree with all stories published on this blog. To know what an editor thinks on a matter, you have to read his editorials. Likewise, to know what I think on a particular matter, you have to read my essays or comments. Only then will you know what I believe.

I try to keep an open mind on all subjects. That is why my posts are catholic in nature. What I do not want this blog to be is the blog of a bigot. I believe that it is important for us all to keep our minds open, and to close them only when we are absolutely sure of our ground.

The thrust of this website is the danger of Islam to Western civilization; however, I should like my visitors to note that whilst this is the thrust of my website, from time to time you will find many other things which are of interest and importance in the world today. – Mark